Immigrating to another country isn’t an easy task. Becoming a citizen of another nation – or even obtaining a visa – is hardly a cut-and-dried process; many people look for assistance through various organizations and agencies. If you’re planning to move abroad, then better hire an immigration lawyer. This smart move will relieve you from all the issues related to immigration.
These immigration lawyers assist their clients in applying for a wide range of visas like permanent residence, temporary residence, tourist, skilled worker, self-employed, and sportspersons visas, etc. Avoid the pitfalls of immigration law by hiring a qualified immigration lawyer who belongs to a professional organization. Different countries have their own immigration laws; it is really difficult for the applicants to adhere to every specific of these laws. Chances are there that your visa application might get rejected because of incomplete documents and information. Immigration lawyers will not only help you in completing the necessary paperwork but will do a proper follow-up as well.
It is really important to have the assistance of a legal attorney in a foreign land as you can’t afford to allow inexperienced individuals to compromise your chances of pitching abroad. An experienced immigration attorney can help cut through all of the red tape and potentially save you a lot of time and frustration.
Here are some more reasons to hire an immigration lawyer:
• Paperwork: Immigrating to even the smallest of a nation requires huge paperwork. Endless formalities with a list of documents and forms are demanded by embassies for VISA. If there is even a single error or over-writing in your form, then chances are there that it might get rejected, delayed or even returned. Here’s where the role of an immigration lawyer comes into play. Since they know the ins and outs of the industry, so tackling such issues won’t be a big problem for them. Lawyers have streamlined information and knowledge to prepare the application smoothly.
Working with an attorney from the beginning can help in preventing delays and makes the application process faster. When you have an emergency situation that requires you to go to another country, an immigration attorney helps in completing the paperwork.
• Efficiency and Risk Reduction: They will prepare you for your interview at a consulate abroad, or at an embassy located within the country and help streamline the process, greatly lowering the risk of a rejection of your application in its final stages. An immigration lawyer will evaluate the facts of your particular case and advise you on your probability of obtaining the type of visa you seek, in addition to helping you to avoid certain pitfalls that could lead to exclusion from entry, as well as deportation and bars to re-entry.
• Helps in saving money & time: Migrating abroad may be a good option but it requires money. Other then the visa cost, the applicant is supposed to splurge money on various other things like attestation, Photostats, etc. It will be really good if you hire a lawyer in the early stages. In the case of a form rejection, most of the embassies will not return the amount which you spend. Most of the time a visa is denied due to incomplete formalities or small errors. They will help you in case the application is rejected by the authority, and will assist in filing the same petition again.
If you’re facing delays in terms of approval, then hiring a skilled immigration lawyer can be of major help. It often happens to people that their visa is disapproved due to bureaucracy rather than any valid reasons; the help of an attorney in such cases acts as a smart move. Lawyers don’t have an authorized power, but with the help of their internal links, they can do the proper follow-up and can ask about the causes of delays and problematic cases.
• If applicant is involved in Criminal cases: If the applicant is involved in any criminal case, then the documentation process becomes difficult. Various countries will peak into the character of the candidate. They will demand all possible documents on this earth to check about the crime. It is usually not necessary to hire a criminal lawyer; immigration lawyers always understand how immigration and criminal law overlap. Read about the guidelines properly, and if any of these grounds apply to you, it makes sense to get legal help before you begin the application process.
• Interpret immigration laws and policies: Immigration attorneys will give a detailed explanation about the laws of the particular country in which you’re boarding. They explain about the regulations valid in your case and, will give the legal argument to your advantage for Visa interviews.
The above mentioned are some of the reasons which emphasize the importance of hiring an immigration lawyer. The old saying “He who represents himself has a fool for a lawyer” continues to hold true for immigration law. So, if you’re planning to make way for abroad in the near future then better hire an immigration lawyer for a hassle-free and easy-going process.