The State Bank of India organizes an exam every year to fill up vacancies for the post of probationary officers. More than twenty lakh candidates enrol for this examination, while the total number of vacancies is 2000. Hence, if you’re interested, SBI PO apply online options can help.
As a candidate, you should have complete knowledge of details like job profile, salary, exam highlights, and syllabus. Here, they are:
- SBI PO Job Profile and Salary
After the selection process, you will be allotted a post of Probationary Officer and will need to go through a two-year probation period. After this, you will become an Assistant Manager in a bank branch. Responsibilities and training of an SBI PO include:
- During the training period, you get Clerical or Assistant level jobs to learn and get familiar with the different aspects of working in the bank.
- You also get training and tasks to attain knowledge and understanding of operations in finance, accounting, investment, and billing, etc.
Once you complete the training period and become an Assistant Branch Manager, you will need to take care of the daily transactions, issuance of drafts, loan process, clearing of cheques, etc.
At present, if you become an SBI PO, your salary will include a basic pay of Rs. 27,620/- coupled with consecutive increments and allowances.
- The Eligibility Criteria for Application: SBI PO
Your application will be subject to different eligibility criteria as given in the official SBI 2020 PO Notification. Fulfil the required eligibility to apply for the post.
For example, you should not be below 21 years and not above 30 years as of 01.04.2020. In other words, being a candidate, you must be born not later than 01.04.1998 and not before 02.04.1989.
- Apply Online for SBI PO
SBI PO Application form got released on November 14, 2020, for the 2020-21 recruitment. As a candidate, you can fill the form only through online mode, as it doesn’t offer offline methods for filling the application form or application fees.
Hence, if you are willing to apply for this post, firstly fill in the application form, pay the application fee, and only then can you apply to appear for the examination. So, go ahead and check out the trustworthy SBI PO apply online portals and start your final preparation and revision.
The syllabus for the SBI PO Prelims and the Mains Exam is nearly the same. There is only a small change in the Mains Section with two additional sections getting added, like General and Banking awareness. Moreover, there will be a descriptive test, and the duration of the test will be 3 hours.
Similarly, the Descriptive Test has a time of 30 minutes, with a score of fifty marks. The exam tests your writing skills through Letter Writing & Essay Writing. However, the difficulty level of the SBI PO Mains Paper is always a little higher than the Prelims.
- Highlights of SBI PO Mains Exam
- The Mains paper has four sections with a complete of 200 marks.
- All the questions are going to be objective.
- The time of the SBI PO Mains Exam will be 3 hours.
- The objective test is going to have different timing for every section.
- There is going to be no sectional cut off. And hence, there is only an overall cut off.
- You will get a penalty of 0.25 marks for each incorrect Multiple Choice Question.
- It is compulsory for you to attempt the Descriptive Paper of 50 marks.
- Moreover, your descriptive paper will get checked if you qualify in the Objective test as per the qualifying scores decided by the bank.
Hence, since you know all the crucial things about the SBI PO exam, go and apply online to take this exam.