Pop Sensation Carly Rae Jepsen has captivated the ears of millions of music fans with her recent #1 smash hit single, “Call Me Maybe.” The single has gone triple platinum since its release and it has monopolized radio airwaves across the globe.
The infectiousness Carly Rae’s voice has many wondering, where exactly did she come from? Here are 10 interesting facts you may or may not have known about the 26 year old pop songtress.
1. Carly Rae Jepsen was born November 21, 1985 in Mission, British Columbia.
2. In 2007 She placed third in the fifth season of Canadian Idol which garnered her a spot on the Top 3 Canadian Idol Tour.
3. With “Call Me Maybe” Jepsen became only the 2nd canadian artist to reach number one on the Digital Songs Chart. First was Justin Bieber with “Baby.”
4. In 2012 Jepsen signed to Interscope under Scotter Braun’s Schoolboy Records, which was also responsible for the sucess of rapper, Asher Roth.
5. Recently Justin Bieber enlisted Carly Rae Jepsen as an opening act for his 2012 BELIEVE tour.
6. Jepsen co-wrote “Call Me Maybe” with Tavish Crow as a folk song, but its genre was modified to a pop song following the production by Josh Ramsay.
7. Jepsen’s musical influence includes a mix of classic rock and alternative bands including, James Taylor, Bruce Springsteen, Van Halen, Kimbra, La Roux, and Robyn.
8. Accordint to CRJ; she is a homebody, she doesn’t own a television and she enjoys baking.
9. Carly Rae wrote the single, “Call Me Maybe” as an inspiraiotn to act spontaneous and in the moment when feeling attracted to a random guy, as she herself has never been brave enough to do so.
10. Carly maintains her beautiful physique by swimming and long distance running.