Do you have a sweet tooth? If you have then you must try i, they are best in taste. Italian cookies are not only known for their taste but how delicious they are once you eat them. These cookies are made in different shapes and sizes. If you are someone who wishes to eat homemade cookies, then you just have to get into the kitchen and start preparing it. However, if you are lazy, then you can just order Italian cookies online from a reputed online store.
Some of the most popular Italian cookies that people love to eat are:
- Zuccherini di Vernio – The dough of these cookies is made with eggs, butter, flour, sugar, aniseed seeds, yeast and once they are baked, cookies are dipped into a mixture of sugar and water.
- Amaretti – It is the Italian almond cookies that are made by using apricot kernels, eggs, sugar and sweet, bitter almonds.
- Tegole Valdostane – These tile-like shaped cookies are made with almonds, sugar, hazelnuts, flour, egg whites, vanilla and butter.
- Canestrelli Novesi – It is the crunchiest ring-shaped cookie made from white Gavi wine, sugar, yeast, olive oil, flour, salt.
- Mandorlotti – The crispy almond cookies are made with egg whites, sugar, flour, and coarsely chopped almonds.
- Esse di Raveo – These s-shaped golden-brown cookies are made from the combination of eggs, flour, sugar, butter, baking salt and baking powder.
- Canestrelli Biellesi – This cookie consists of two-thin chocolate wafers joined together where hazelnut cream is placed in the middle.
- Baicoli – This sea-bass shaped cookie is a very sweet biscotti that is made with sugar, yeast, butter, milk, a pinch of salt, egg whites and flour.
- Cuccidati – One of the traditional cookies that are stuffed with figs and are made with butter, milk, eggs, butter, flour, sugar and other dry fruits.
- Biscotti Alla Cannella – This biscotti is baked by using cinnamon along with the lemon zest, eggs, sugar, flour and baking powder.
- Mpanatigghi – The small and thin crescent-shaped cookies have a mixture of chocolate, sugar, almonds, eggs cinnamon, vanilla and ground beef in it.
How to Make Homemade Cookies?
Cooking the best Italian cookies at your home becomes easy with this simple recipe. For making the drop cookies be it chocolate chip or cutout sugar cookies, you have to use the same process, which is:
- Take the butter in a bowl and beat it until it becomes smooth by using an electric mixer.
- Beat all dry ingredients like oats, nuts and sugar except the flour to get a uniform mixture of creaming.
- Now beat the egg and other liquid ingredients like vanilla until there are no streaks of eggs.
- After that, add flour into the mixture and then beat by using the electric mixture. Stir the mixture till the flour is incorporated.
- Once the mixture is done, you can drop the cookies on the ungreased cookie sheets by using a teaspoon or any other small utensils.
- If you are making shaped cookies, then you have to shape the dough the first and then place it on the sheet.
How to Store Homemade Cookies?
After baking the homemade cookies, you need to store it so that it can remain fresh. One of the simplest ways to store the cookies is by keeping them in an airtight container, or you can freeze them.
By storing the cookies in an airtight container placed in a cool and dry place, they will remain fresh for three to four weeks. While storing the cookies in a container doesn’t store different types of cookies together as then they can become soft.
- Refrigerate the Cookie Dough
You can refrigerate the dough of the best Italian cookies up to one week. You can either pack the dough in the container, and then you can use this dough for baking cookies.
- Freezing the Cookies Dough
You can freeze the butter-based cookie dough by placing them in the air-tight container. You can store the dough up to six months and then simply take out when you have to bake it.
Baking the cookies at home is not everyone’s cup of tea, that is why you need to buy Italian cookies online so that you can taste it. One thing is for sure be it the homemade cookies or cookies bought online they taste amazingly delicious and sweet.