If you have a pool in your backyard and a scenic view around your property, you will certainly not like the idea of blocking the view by installing a wooden fence around your pool. The best option in such a case is installing a glass pool. Although there are several options when it comes to fencing materials, glass is often one of the most popular options available. Most of you may think that glass fencing will be a pretty weak fencing option. On the contrary, it is not as weak as it may seem to you. The quality of glass used for fencing solutions is rather thick and strong.
Reasons to Opt for Glass Fencing
There are several reasons for you to opt for glass pool fences. Some of the primary reasons have been highlighted for you below.
- Unlike any other fencing materials, glass panels from https://sorrentoglass.com.au tend to give more of a contemporary look to your swimming pool region.
- It is needless to say that glass panels provide a better and clearer look of your swimming pool. This makes it possible for you to keep an eye on the swimming pool and anybody who is swimming in it. This is especially true if you have small kids at home. Add to that the fact that kids cannot climb glass fences.
- Another added benefit of glass pool fences is their natural ability of enhancing the total area of your pool and your property. Even if your pool area is not that big, it will seem that way because of the glass fence all around.
- Unlike other pool fencing materials such as wood and metal, glass pool fences do not demand such high-quality maintenance from you. Wooden ones can easily rot if not properly maintained and metaling fences can rust with time. When it comes to glass fences, a simple cleaning is all that is needed.
- Glass pool fences are much tougher than they actually look. The glass used for pool fencing are generally toughened and come with optimal thickness for better durability. It is strong enough to withstand different weather conditions and it cannot be broken easily.
Tips to Choose the Right Glass Pool Fence
When it comes to installing glass pool fences, choosing any glass blindly will not be sufficient. You also need to consider several factors when it comes to such a fencing option. You have to consider factors like the thickness of the glass, height and width of the fence and so on. Most of you probably do not know that there are two types of glass pool fences, frameless and framed.
When you opt for frameless glass pool fence, the thickness of the glass should be 12mm. On the other hand, when you opt for framed glass pool fence, the thickness of the glass should be 10mm. It is needless to say that the thickness of the glass is one of the most important factors to consider. Normally glasses are available in thicknesses ranging from 6mm to 8mm. However, it is better to opt for thicker panels.