Bangladesh also called the People’s Republic of Bangladesh is a country in South Asia and it’s the eighth most popular country with a population exceeding 163 million in the country. There are about 112 medical colleges, including 37 public colleges and 70 private medical colleges in Bangladesh. Apart from these medical colleges, there are six colleges that are run by the armed forces of Bangladesh and the Ministry of Defence.
All the Government Medical Colleges in Bangladesh have been recognized by the National Medical Commission (NMC) and approved by the World Health Organization (WHO).
There are many Indian and international students who are traveling to Bangladesh to pursue their higher studies in medicine. There are thousands of students who are pursuing their MBBS in Bangladesh and every year the count is escalating.
Why study MBBS In Bangladesh?
- Global Affiliated, Accredited, and Recognised Universities
- Affordable Fee Structure
- English is the medium of teaching
- Living cost is quite affordable
- Standard infrastructure and hostel facilities
Bangladesh has shown a great improvement in terms of medical education. Now, this is becoming one of the preferred destinations for medical students around the world who want to pursue an MBBS degree abroad.
Some quick facts about MBBS in Bangladesh
|Course||Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)|
|Course Duration||5 years|
|Eligibility Criteria||Must have secured 50% In 12th class with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as core subjects.
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|Recognition of universities||NMC & WHO|
The following are the benefits of studying MBBS in Bangladesh:
- The medical universities of Bangladesh are approved by dignified medical bodies such as WHO NMC, ECFMG, FAIMER’s IMED, ACGME, and MCC.
- They follow the same books which are written by Indian authors and journals for MBBS studies in Bangladesh.
- The MCI Screening Test, also called FMGE passing ratio, is very high in Bangladesh.
- Indian students can experience the same climate as in India.
- Medical Students will get the opportunity to practice all the clinical knowledge and to treat actual patients.
- College and Hostel fee: The medical universities in Bangladesh don’t accept donations or capitation fees. The admission fees are affordable and quite less when compared to the private medical colleges.
- Instruction of Language: The medium of teaching in English. The native language spoken in Bangladesh is Bengali. Medical colleges use English for teaching and for training so that it will be easier for international students to understand the subject.
- Internship Facilities: The MBBS course duration in Bangladesh is 6 years, including a 1-year internship, which you can do after clearing the Indian Medical Council (MCI) screening test.
Eligibility criteria for pursuing MBBS in Bangladesh:
If you want to get admission to top medical universities in Bangladesh, then you must know about the eligibility criteria. Following are the eligibility criteria:
- The aspirant must be at least 17 years of age at the time of admission to the Medical University of Bangladesh.
- Candidates must have cleared 12th class with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as core subjects.
- General category students are eligible to apply for MBBS universities in Bangladesh if they scored at least 50% in 12th and in the case of SC / ST candidates, a minimum of 45% is required.
- The student must submit the birth certificate, mark sheets, and all other certificates requested by the Admissions Authority.
- The candidate must have a NEET scorecard to get admission to the Medical University of Bangladesh
Below listed are the top medical universities in Bangladesh:
- Dhaka national medical college
- Rangpur medical college
- TMSS medical college
- PRIME medical college
- Popular medical college
- Kumudini women’s medical college
Indian students who cannot pursue MBBS in India have many opportunities abroad as they can opt for pursuing MBBS in Ukraine, Russia, Bangladesh, or the Philippines, the USA, or any other country abroad. Foreign medical universities provide high-quality education at a reasonable cost. The infrastructure is much better than the infrastructure of the private medical colleges in India. And not to miss, the foreign universities do not accept donations or capitation fees as private medical universities do in India. They also provide scholarship merits and hostel facilities, especially for international students. Hope you find this article helpful. We see a doctor in you, good luck aspirants!