Covering grey hair has become a need of the hour as no one likes to look old. While there are many options available in the market to cover grey hair, Henna and natural Indigo leaf powder are the two most popular and reliable options to colour your hair naturally. But the only concern that remains is—how to do it all at home? Natural hair colours like Henna powder and Indigo hair dye are the safest options to experiment with at home as they do not have any side effects. However, for those sensitive to vegetables and pollen a 48-hour patch test is recommended.
Natural Indigo leaf powder – the safest way to colour your hair
Natural Indigo leaf powder is the powdered form of the leaves of Indigoferaplant. Indigo hair dye colours the hair in a “blue gold” hue, while also nourishing it from root to tip. As a result hair become smooth, silky and shiny.
In recent times, Indigo hair dye has been chemically modified by various brands for imparting instant colouration. Though these generic Indigo dyes are easy to use, the harmful chemicals like ammonia present in them can cause severe damage to your hair. Therefore, it is always advisable to opt for natural Indigo leaf powder that is free from such chemicals.
For instance, you can choose Indus Valley Bio-Organic Indigo Hair Powder for covering grey hair. Unlike other generic dyes, it is made of freshly picked purely organic Indigo leaves which are then soaked in water, dried in sunlight and refined into a smooth powder. The powder is micro fine and triple-sifted, which makes it extremely easy to work with as it does not form any lumps in the packaging, and can be very easily made into a smooth paste for hair colouration. The product is also certified by ECOCERT and USDA.
Benefits of organic Indigo hair dye
Indigo is a rich source of antioxidants and is known for its numerous health benefits. Do you know that apart from covering your greys, natural Indigo leaf powder can actually make your hair better?The other benefits of Indigo are:
- Enriched with antioxidants, it cures dandruff and conditions your hair naturally
- Reduces hair damage like split ends, premature greying, etc.
- Nourishes your scalp and prevents scalp infections and itchiness
- Reduces hair loss and enhances hair growth naturally
How to use Indigo hair dye with Henna powder at home
Since natural Indigo leaf powder gives rich blue gold colouration, you can use it with Henna powder at home to get other shades also like black or brown. But using Indigo hair dye with Henna is not a simple process, and you cannot apply them directly by mixing. Here is a step by step guide on how to use Indigo hair dye with henna at home to get rich black or brown hair colour:
- Make a thick paste of Henna powder by soaking it with water overnight. Add yoghurt or curd for additional conditioning and apply the paste using brush evenly on your hair.
- Let it dry for 3-4 hours and then wash hair with water.
- Dry your hair and then make a consistent paste of Indigo hair dye using warm water.
- Make multiple sections of your hair to apply the Indigo paste evenly. Based on the intensity of the colour you want, let it dry for 1-2 hour.
- Wash hair with water and shampoo the next day.