If you are one of the many people who are planning to visit Phuket for a holiday this year, you are probably looking online to find detailed information on places to see and things to do. We thought we would save you some time by listing some of the best day trips to add to your holiday schedule.
- Phang Nga Cave Tour & James Bond Island – You can’t visit Phuket and not experience James Bond Island (Koh Phi Phi) and you can spend a couple of hours kayaking in the caves at Phang Nga, which is a unique experience. You can book this tour online and the tour operator will collect you from your hotel in Patong Phuket, which is very convenient.
- Deep Sea Fishing – If you fancy hooking a huge sailfish or marlin, there are deep sea fishing boats and when they have 4-6 people signed up, the trip is on! We are not talking a few miles offshore, rather at least 20 miles out, where the monster fish are found. Start with a Google search to find websites of deep sea fishing charters and when you find the right operator, you can book online.
- Green Elephant Sanctuary Park – You simply must spend some time at this amazing elephant sanctuary, where these majestic animals are cared for by experts. The sanctuary opens at 8am and closes at 5pm and unlike other such facilities, the elephants walk freely and they are very friendly and approachable. You might like to help with the elephant bathing, which happens several times a day, due to the heat, while feeding time is lots of fun. Here are 6 ways to help you pack for your holiday.
- Phuket City Tour – Why not sign up for the daily tour of Phuket the city, which includes a visit to Karen Point and the huge Big Buddha Temple, which must be seen to be believed. You are picked up from your hotel and the tour guide speaks perfect English and will educate you on the history of Phuket, which is long and colourful. Wat Chalong is one of the most spectacular Buddhist temples in the south of Thailand; make sure you have a lot of memory space in your digital camera to capture images and video of this amazing temple.
Also Read: Top 6 Best hiking locations in Asia
- Night Market Tour – There are some stunning night markets in Phuket and you can have a local guide take you to the best appointment markets (Talat Nat) that sell all kinds of things at very cheap prices. This is ideal for souvenir shopping and you can sample a few drinks in Bangla Road at some of the entertainment venues; Phuket is well-known for a vibrant nightlife and there are a few discos and clubs along the main stretch of Bangla Road.
The Tourism Authority of Thailand has a lot of valuable information to help you plan your Phuket holiday. Now that the pandemic is over, we can all look forward to travel in 2023.