From performances by Rihanna and One Direction to special appearances from our fave celebs, the VMAs was not an event to miss. In case you missed it, here are the top five moments of the VMAs:
5) Beloved band Green Day, rocked the stage to the next level by inviting fans to join them during the stage creating an intimate performance.
4) At the helm of the VMAs was the hilarious host, Kevin Hart. Teasing and taunting celebs and their drama, the pint-sized comedian spared no one including Chris Brown, Drake, Snooki, and Kristin Stewart, and his honest commentary had the audience rolling with laughter
3) Skateboarding his way to the stage, Lil’ Wayne took the stage with 2 Chainz and had the audience on the feet with his antics and even surprising the unexpecting audience by diving into the crowd.
2) One of the most exhilarating performances of the night – Alicia Keys performing debuting her new single, “Girl on Fire” with special guest Nicki Minaj. But more exciting than the songstress’ soulful voice? Olympic gymnast Gabby Douglas stunning the audience with her graceful leaps and bounds. She truly is America’s sweetheart.
1) But the performance that stole the show and the audience’s hearts was most definitely Frank Ocean’s performance of “Thinking About You.” Even through the screen, Frank tugged on heart strings and even moved fans to tears with his pure voice. Surely, even McKayla Maroney was impressed!