A few months ago, I interviewed David Dufresne from Bandzoogle and he gave some great advice for indie artists on putting together an online strategy. In a nutshell, David stated that your website and email list is your hub and all social media marketing should be focused on driving traffic back to your website.
It amazes me when I talk to artists and they tell me to look them up on Facebook without even mentioning their website. Keep in mind that you don’t own Facebook, Zuck does. With that being said, here are “My” Top 5 Reasons No One Visits Your Band’s Website.
1. No One knows you have a website.
2. You spend to much time updating your Facebook Status.
3. You Spend too much time on Twitter.
4. You haven’t updated your site since you released your album last Spring.
5. It’s too slow. While that flash banner looks cool and artsy, it takes too much time to load and people don’t have a lot of time to waste.