Disc Jockeying has slowly become a musical art form by its own right. With an estimated 1 1/4 million professional DJs in the world and most of them male, female Hip Hop DJs are hard to come by. Here are the top 10 female Hip Hop DJs who are proving that DJing isn’t just for the boys. 1. DJ Spinderella Spinderella began as a DJ for one of the most successful hip-hop groups, Salt-N-Pepa. She’s also worked as a radio personality in California and Texas and has made several appearances on VH1 with Salt-N-Pepa.
2. DJ Cocoa Chanelle DJ Cocoa Chanelle is best known as a radio personality on New York City’s Hot 97 and Kiss FM. She was also the DJ employed by BET for their show “Teen Summit”.
3. DJ Lazy K DJ Lazy K started by making mixtapes for herself and her friends before she people began requesting them. She then dove straight into the male-dominated industry and has managed to hold her own ever since.
4. DJ Traci Steele You probably know her best from Love and Hip Hop: Atlanta, but DJ Traci Steele is a tour-de-force of her own. While she was stationed in Virginia as a member of the United States Air Force, she responded to an open casting call for radio personalities. Music has been her passion ever since.
6. DJ Brandi Garcia Brandi Garcia began following her passion straight out of high school by hosting mixshows on WBWT 100.7 in Florida. She now works for LA’s 93.5 KDAY as the midday host and is considered one of the top national female DJs.
7. DJ Princess Cut Princess Cut got a late start with her spinning career when at the age of 20 she experimented with the turntables at her local bar. She hasn’t stopped spinning since and has fought for her way to the top as one of Atlanta’s premiere DJs.
8. DJ Rekha London-born Rekha Malhotra is known for her fusion of international hip-hop and beats with traditional bhangra music. Her work has become a key theme in the NYC club scene.
9. DJ Shortee The Grammy foundation has deemed DJ Shortee the World’s First Premiere Female DJ and she is known for her multi-genre scratching skills. She is one of the very few DJs that is respected on a global scale.
10. DJ Beverly Bond At the age of 17, DJ Beverly Bond moved to NYC to pursue a career in fashion. After following a love of music and a desire to spin at local clubs and bars, she soon found herself performing at hot events like the VH1 and Glamour Fashion Awards.Google+