He died not too long ago and the sting from his passing can still be felt. Cory Monteith, the 31-year-old star of the Fox hit Glee, passed away after allegedly overdosing from narcotics in a hotel room. The official death certificate states that Monteith died from mixing drugs, one of those being heroin. Combined with alcohol, Monteith suffered cardiac arrest and eventually passed away.
First responders described what they saw when they arrived on scene. They saw a spoon with drug residue left over as well as two empty champagne bottles. The actor has dealt with drug issues in the past and had recently attended rehab in April. The coroner stated that his withdrawal from drugs while in rehab might have also played a hand in his death. Since he attending rehab his tolerance of drugs dropped substantially.
Glee, which began airing its newest season, is centered about Monteith’s character, Finn. Matthew Morrison released a statement to E! News stating, “We’ve mourned Cory, but now we’re mourning Finn. So it’s kind of like two people in that one person.”Google+