Wale seems to be on a roll. He released his third album, The Gifted, this week to great reviews, it’s selling well so far and he’s one of hip-hop’s formidable lyricist. However, do you think you know everything about Wale Folarin? I have ten facts that you may or may not know about the Washington D.C. rapper. Think you know them all?
10. Wale is of Nigerian descent and his full name is Olubowale Victor Akintimehin
9. His song Dig Dug (Shake It) was one of the most requested songs in Washington D.C. by a local, unsigned artist. Hear it here<iframe width=”420″ height=”315″ src=”//www.youtube.com/embed/FxWfox44phA” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>
8. Was nominated for a Grammy for Best Rap Song earlier this year for Lotus Flower Bomb. He lost to …In Paris by Jay-Z and Kanye West.
7. Is rumored to have a tattoo of Chris Cooley. He is a huge Washington Redskins fan.
6. Made his first television appearance on August 16, 2007 on MTV.
5. Attended two colleges before quitting to pursue a career in music. Those colleges were Robert Morris College and Virginia State.
4. Not only did he attend college but he was going on a football scholarship.
3. His cousin is actor Gbenga Akinnagbe who appeared on the HBO hit show The Wire and countless other movies.
2. Became the first artist to crash the site HulkShare
1. His first album, Attention Deficit only sold 28,000 copies in its first week. Label Interscope Records claimed the copies were undershipped resulting in low sales figures. Google+