Kelly Rowland, besides Beyoncé Knowles, is the most successful member of Destiny’s Child with hit singles, movie roles, and more. She has four albums under her belt and one that released this past Tuesday; you can read the review of Talk a Good Game here. You may think you know a lot about the sexy singer, but here are ten facts you probably didn’t know about Kelly Rowland.
1. She warn born in Atlanta, Georgia but moved to Houston, Texas at young age. She was raised their and eventually become one of the founding members of Destiny’s Child.
2. Speaking of Destiny’s Child, many people know the three prominent members of the group: Beyonce, Kelly, and Michelle Williams. However, there were six other members who came and went including LaTavia Roberson, LeToya Luckett, and Farrah Franklin.
3. The original name for Destiny’s Child was Girl’s Tyme and were entered into Star Search where they lost.
4. Her first acting gig was on the hit ABC sitcom, The Hughleys.
5. Rowland recently said Beyonce’s annoying trait was being a slob.
6. Rowland has said that Whitney Houston and Janet Jackson were her biggest musical influences. She stated Whitney “was the woman that inspired me to sing.”
7. Was a judge on the UK version of X Factor and was replaced by Nicole Scherzinger. Rowland is now the newest judge on the US version of X Factor replacing Britney Spears who replaced Nicole Scherzinger.
8. Her full name is Kelendria Trene Rowland.
9. She has said that she went under the knife to get her breasts enlarged from an A cup to a B cup. However, she said botox is something she won’t do.
10. Was, at one point, ashamed of her dark complexion until she was told to embrace it.