Tamar Braxton first rose to fame in the early 90s as a founding member of the R&B group, The Braxtons. With Tamar increasingly becoming a greater part of the public eye, there’s a lot you may not know about her.
1. She and her sisters were initially dropped from a record label.
2. She is a Coloratura Soprano.
3. She can also sing in the whistle register.
The whistle register is the highest of the human voice, above the modal and falsetto, and incredibly difficult to create a smooth sound instead of a piercing one.
4. She was featured as a background vocalist for Lady Gaga.
5. She has had plastic surgery.
Tamar was born without cartilage in her nose, making it difficult to breathe. The 2 nose jobs she had were to correct the problem.
6. She guest starred on The Soul Man.
7. She’s an illeist.
An illeist is someone who refers to themself in the third person. You can see this on her twitter.
8. She was a featured model during NYC’s fashion week.
9. Her second studio album will release in the new year.
10. One of her songs was featured in the film Kingdom Come.