Let’s just admit it: Pinterest is the best thing ever invented since Hershey’s created the breakable chocolate bar. I honestly don’t know what I did without Pinterest. No, seriously. Did I even exist?
Oh that’s right, I had to be creative on my own. Pinterest has made it incredibly easy to be crafty, especially for those who are craft-challenged. Though Pinterest is an amazing thing and I will be thanking the creators for it for years to come, there are some perils of having a Pinterest.
Every woman likes to look her best, right? We all constantly reinvent ourselves based on what we think will look better than before. Who do we all look to for beauty tips and whom do we imitate? Celebrities of course! They are the ones that always look fabulous and well put together, so naturally we want to look like them.
Sometimes, however, it tends to be a little difficult to find just the right look we are looking for and to get tips on how to achieve that look. Well thanks to social networking sites like Pinterest, it’s all at our fingertips. Pinterest provides a long list of celebrity beauty looks and tips. From “how to shape your eyebrows” to “makeup for redheads” and everything in between, you can find just about anything to update or advance your look.
Looking to imitate one of your favorite stars? There are unending possibilities from classic beauties like Julia Roberts to younger stars like Debbie Ryan. What’s best about most of these pins are each of them comes from credited beauty or fashion magazines like Redbook, InStyle, Elle, and Glamour. So you know you’re getting the 411 on the latest fashion tips without ever having to subscribe to all of these magazines. It’s like having a style magazine library of your own.
Now there are so many possibilities and you are bound to like more than a few. But how are you going to keep track of all of them? Well what is Pinterest for? For those of you who may be new to Pinterest, all you have to do is create and account (if you haven’t already), find things you like, and pin it to a board you create. It’s so easy to have all your beauty tips in one place! So if your feeling adventurous one morning and want to try something new, just bring up your beauty board and pick something new to try.
Here are few boards for you to check out.
25 Easy Summer Hairstyles
The 50 Most Iconic
Beauty Looks of All Time
10 Super Simple All Natural Beauty Tips
If you’re looking to beef up your Pinterest with a board dedicated to beefy celebrities, look no further. You can find just about anything on Pinterest and thousands of different pictures of your favorite celebrity beefcakes are no exception. So start scrolling to meet the hottest celebrity guys on Pinterest.
1.Vin Diesel – While there is a long list of Vin Diesel pins, most of them consist of him with his shirt off or in some other generally delicious poses. You can also find a variety of family photos, caricatures, movie scenes and, of course, many of him and his best friend Paul Walker.
2. Channing Tatum – Many people don’t know that Channing had a very successful modeling career before he hit the silver screen. Pinterest is littered with shirtless pictures of him, several of his modeling spreads, he and his wife and of course, several photos and references to Magic Mike.
3. Cam Gigandet – Although this selection has a pretty balanced selection of clothed and shirtless photos, there is still plenty to get happy about. There are several photos of the doting father and his very cute little girl. If you’re look for a family man to drool over, look no further.
4. Dwayne Johnson – A nice variety of fitness shots, tattoo highlights, his sense of humor shining through, looking sharp, and shirtless (duh) makes for a smorgasbord of pictures to peruse for hours. Dig in.
5. Shemar Moore – With a six-pack and a smile to die for, Pinterest has plenty of great shots of Moore to choose from. These bring out both his sassy and classy sides. What’s not to love?
6. Jesse Williams – Sporting a great smile, sculpted muscles and strikingly blue eyes, Jesse is a gem. If you really want you beefcake board to be complete, you’ve got to browse through the close-ups of his beautiful blues and pictures of him really owning his style.
7. Stephen Amell – If you haven’t seen the show Arrow on The CW, you’re missing out on not only a thrilling show, but also a handsome star. Stephen Amell plays Oliver Queen in Arrow and there are plenty of photos on Pinterest with the show’s inspiration. There’s also some great ones with his charming smile and emphasis on his mesmerizing eyes, not to mention the shirtless display of muscles. Can’t forget that can we?
8. Zac Efron – Maybe I’m just a sucker for eyes, but Zac Efron is another triple threat. He’s got a great body, impeccable style, and those beautiful blues. You can find plenty of shirtless examples of the muscles he’s packing, along with some very sharp attire. There’s even a cute little picture of him holding a fox.
9. Jason Statham – If bad boys are your thing, then get ready to eat your heart out. This rippling action hero sports a sexy physique and has an accent to die for. Start pinning because it ranges from shirtless to suited and everything in between. From some of his own photos repined by others, he seems to have a little country boy in him too. What more could you ask for?
10. Johnny Depp – Like a fine wine, Johnny boy only gets better with age. Not only is he drool-worthy, but he’s also an incredibly talented man; a jack-of-all-trades if you will. He is probably one of the most versatile actors of all time, ranging from crazy to creepy and back again. For those of you that didn’t know, he’s also an incredibly talented musician. For someone who is so versatile, you can imagine the library that Pinterest has to offer. This is probably going to be the one that’s the most fun to peruse.
In case you’ve been living in the dark, Pinterest is one of the biggest social-networking sites these days. Pinterest allows users to share images and interests via “pins” on their individual pinboards. Celebrities are even slowly starting to flock to the site to offer a unique peek at their lives and personalities. Here are the top 10 artists you should be following on Pinterest.
1. Alicia Keys
Alicia Keys’ pinboards are all appropriately named after her songs, which serves as a theme for each board. Her “Fire We Make” board alternates between fiery images and ones that are more erotic. Keys’ Pinterest account allows a glimpse into the creative mind behind the soulful artist.
Beyonce’s Pinterest doesn’t have as much of a theme as Alicia Keys’. It mainly consists of pictures the superstar, but it is also a great place to stay up to date with Beyonce’s news.
3. Snoop Dogg
This Pinterest is probably the closest anyone will ever get to truly understanding Snoop Dogg. With boards named “Sh** I like” and “My Ishh”, we get to see a completely different side of Snoop.
4. Yoko Ono
Yoko Ono uses her pinboard to promote her music as well as organizations she supports. She has boards dedicated to Amnesty International and Imagine Peace.
5. Alanis Morissette
Alanis Morissette’s Pinterest truly lets you in on her life. She pins music videos, tour photos, quotes, and pictures she’s taken on her travels. It’s almost like looking at a close friend’s account.
6. Tamar Braxton
She doesn’t pin a lot, but when she does, Tamar Braxton’s Pinterest is very self-promotional. She includes previews of songs and updates on things she’s working on. You can also find access to Tamar Braxton merchandise on her board “Fashion!”
Shakira’s board is one part promotion, one part photo album. She has a lot of interesting photos of herself and the things she’s seen as she’s travelled.
8. Keith Urban
Keith Urban’s Pinterest features graphics dedicated to his song lyrics, backstage videos, and album information. This is probably the best way to keep in the know on all news relating to the country singer.
9. Backstreet Boys
Each member of the Backstreet Boys has a board dedicated to pictures. There is also a board dedicated to Howie’s trip to Israel. There’s not a lot on here other than pictures, but it’s a great place to go if you need a quick Backstreet fix.
10. Katy Perry
Katy Perry’s Pinterest is a colorful and vibrant behind the scenes tour of almost everything she’s done.
ReverbNation, currently the most popular indie music marketing platform, has jumped on the Pinterest wagon and their page can be found here: ReverbNation. As of today, ReverbNation’s Pinterest page has under 100 followers but I’m sure this will dramatically increase in a matter of days – due to the millions of musicians who are currently using ReverbNation to promote their music.
I’m not quite sure how Pinterest will fit into their current marketing mix but it will be interesting to see how things pan out in the upcoming months. With over 2 million artists currently using their Facebook app, it shouldn’t be hard for them leverage band photos, and concert pics to increase followers and re-pins…
Any suggestions on how they should use Pinterest to increase engagement?