Kelly Rowland, besides Beyoncé Knowles, is the most successful member of Destiny’s Child with hit singles, movie roles, and more. She has four albums under her belt and one that released this past Tuesday; you can read the review of Talk a Good Game here. You may think you know a lot about the sexy singer, but here are ten facts you probably didn’t know about Kelly Rowland.
Kelly Rowland’s Talk a Good Game tries to distinguish herself from her much more famous counterpart, Beyoncé. What the album then becomes is a sad R&B trying to prove her worth. She may be a better singer than her, but she doesn’t have the star quality Beyoncé has. The album, Talk a Good Game, isn’t breaking new ground when it comes to R&B and is mainly forgettable.
When I think of the summer, I think of these two
Summer is here and what is a better way than sitting on the front stoop, listening to some good albums. Pass the time with some highly anticipated albums coming from prominent artists in the game. However, I’ll say that while many of the artists on this list are anticipated by many, I may not feel the same way. I hope you guys enjoy, and for good measure, what is your most anticipated hip-hop album of the summer?
Talib Kweli – Prisoner of Conscious. May 7th
Talib Kweli released his fifth solo studio album yesterday, but it’s still worth mentioning. The Brooklyn native is the go to guy when you want to escape from Tunchi and that flashiness lifestyle set forth in many of today’s hip-hop. If you listen to Kweli’s lyrics rather than hearing his music, he says something that could speak to you. With appearances by Miguel, Busta Rhymes, and Kendrick Lamar, this album is the one to set up your summer.
If you haven’t heard of the group Destiny’s Child you must have lived under a rock for the last 15 years. They are one of the most popular girl groups from the 1990’s. When the band first started the girls were only 9 or 10 years old. They went through their remaining adolescence on stage. Over the years there have been a few changes made in terms of who is and who is not in the band. After some firing and hiring of band members occurred the group finally realized that four was a crowd and that a being a trio suited them. The current trio is Beyoncé Knowles, Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams. Michelle Williams was the only member who wasn’t in the original lineup.
After a decade of performing together they decided it was time for a break. The girls took their first hiatus back in 2000, during this time they reassured their fans and the industry that they were not breaking up. As a group they were all itching to get back in the studio so they decided that 2004 was as good as time as any to make another album. The honeymoon period didn’t last very long because in 2006 they decided that it was time to take another indefinite break. This ws a time in their lives were they wanted to seriously pursue solo projects and have some time to focus on their personal lives.
They have been doing their own thing since 2006 and are now ready to come back. Destiny’s Child fans couldn’t be more excited about the reunion. The news surrounding the comeback was somehow leaked on the Internet, what a surprise! Beyoncé announced that Destiny’s Child was in fact working on a compilation CD entitled “Love Songs”. The album would contain mostly old songs but would have a few new tracks to enjoy. Beyoncé was asked to headline this years Superbowl Halftime Show and according to Internet rumors Michelle and Kelly will be joining her midway through her set to perform “Nuclear”.
* First single from the new album
* Beyoncé usually covers the writing part, but this time Michelle assumed that role. She co-wrote the song with Pharell Williams and two others.
* Pharell Williams produced this song, he is a world-famous producer and member of Hip-Hop group “The Neptunes”.
My Feelings On Nuclear:
* I felt that the melody and lyrics were very simple
* They know how to harmonize and I particularly enjoyed listening to them do that in this song
* I liked that the spotlight was shared throughout the song
You be the judge, hit or miss?
Next month, OutKast rapper Big Boi releases his new solo album Vicious Lies And Dangerous Rumors, and we’ve already heard his songs “Gossip” and “She Said OK.” Last week, he and the Swedish band Little Dragon debuted another new one called “Mama Told Me” live. Last night, Funkmaster Flex debuted that track’s studio version, and it’s got former Destiny’s Child singer Kelly Rowland in place of Little Dragon — which, given the type of song it is, is not a downgrade at all. The track is a slippery piece of ’80s funk pastiche, exactly the sort of song that Big Boi always sounds completely at home on.
I remember being in Junior High, and me and a couple of my friends skipped school to bring a few girls over my mom’s house at the end of the semester.
At the time, CDs were fairly new and the only tape that we had was H-Town’s ‘Knocking the Boots.’ Ever tried making love to a cassette single and every time the tape stops you have to flip it over? That’s a definite mood killer. Thank God for CD’s, the Windows Media Player and the invention of the digital playlist. Now we can set the mood with little effort…
Yesterday, I decided to reach out to a few women and get the 5 songs that best put them in a love making mood and surprisingly all of the songs are different. With songs ranging from the Beach Boys ‘God Only Knows’ to 112’s Peaches and Cream, every woman seems to have a different style of music when it comes to making love.
Jennifer – Dallas, TX
1. Kelly Rowland feat. Lil Wayne– Motivation – Who would have thought a song with Lil Wayne would cause you to want to get in the mood? This song hits the sexy notes and clarifies what you want your motivation to be! “Go longer, you can last more rounds…go lover, make mama proud”.
2. Robin Thicke – Lost Without You – Ummmm its Robin Thicke. Enough said. “You wanna touch yourself when you see me”.
3. Destiny’s Child – Cater 2 U – Time for the woman to give something back. This epitomizes when a woman is TRULY in love with her man and just wants to make him deliriously happy in all ways. Ladies, suprise your man and cater to him with this song! “Set back and let me pour all my love letters”.
4. India Arie– Chocoate High – Okay, we ALL might not be that beautiful, deep chocolate color or you might not be making love to that beautiful, deep choclate color BUT this songs evokes such passion, its a MUST. India captures perfectly the feeling of being abslolutely intoxicated with a person…get your chocolate fix today, people. “A black coffee, with sugar no cream, in the morning your my super double-chocolate coffee dream”.
5. Otis Reding – That’s How Strong My Love Is – It would be a cardinal sin if some old school tune was not added to this list and even graver of a sin if Otis was not present. Soulful, deep, and passionate exemplifies Otis’s music. If you are experiencing true love and want to express it through age-old love making, this song is a must. “Wrap you in my colors, keep you warm”.
1. Ludacris – Money Maker – Who says a love-making song has to be slow…and not a little on the dirty, stripper-esque side? This will make the woman want to get in a few of shakes of her money maker while doing the deed…and what man wouldn’t want that??? “You’re a helluva distraction when you shake your behind. Your body language is the only discussion.”
2. R. Kelly – Pregnant – Okay, okay, yes he peed on a teenager. We were appalled. But that doesn’t dethrone him from the King of Getting Busy songs!!! “She’s more than a mistress, about to handle my business, and put that girl in my kitchen”. What woman doesn’t want to hear that??
3. Ludacris – Sex Therapy – Once again, enough said. EVERYONE needs therapy at least once in their life.
Gina – Salem, Oregon
1. Jon B – Don’t Know About Us -It’s sexy and the sound of his voice makes you wanna get it!
2. Usher – Nice and Slow – Who hasn’t gotten down to that song.
3. Bobby V –I Wanna Rock With You -It has a good stroking beat.
4. Tool– Prison Sex – It’s got a hard beat that you can get agressive to.
5. Young Steff – Slow Jookin – The beat is slow and intimate, Makes a girl wanna take it off for her man.
Hilary – The UK
1. The Beach Boys – God Only Knows – Because actually, it’s all in the hands of God, fate, or whatever you believe in.
2. Marvin Gaye – Sexual Healing – Obvious, I know, but Marvin Gaye has a beautiful voice and this really sums up the nature of human contact, whether it’s sexual or platonic.
3. Extreme – More Than Words – Although I’m a writer, sometimes words are just not enough to express those feelings.
4. Roberta Flack – Killing Me Softly – Songs have always had that effect on me – singers seeming to tell my own story.
5. The Commodores – Three Times a Lady – to which I danced with my first love. I’m going to his second wedding later this year! Not as the bride …
Ale – Queens, NY
1. 112 – Peaches and Cream – Idk it has a sexy rhythm I guess.
2. 112 – Hot and Wet – I guess the title explains it.
3. 112 – Anywhere – It’s a grown and sexy type of song.
4. Twista – Wetter – That’s just way too nasty to explain. Lol.
5. Trey Songz – Wonder Woman – It’s just sexy!