I remember being in Junior High, and me and a couple of my friends skipped school to bring a few girls over my mom’s house at the end of the semester.
At the time, CDs were fairly new and the only tape that we had was H-Town’s ‘Knocking the Boots.’ Ever tried making love to a cassette single and every time the tape stops you have to flip it over? That’s a definite mood killer. Thank God for CD’s, the Windows Media Player and the invention of the digital playlist. Now we can set the mood with little effort…
Yesterday, I decided to reach out to a few women and get the 5 songs that best put them in a love making mood and surprisingly all of the songs are different. With songs ranging from the Beach Boys ‘God Only Knows’ to 112’s Peaches and Cream, every woman seems to have a different style of music when it comes to making love.
Jennifer – Dallas, TX
1. Kelly Rowland feat. Lil Wayne– Motivation – Who would have thought a song with Lil Wayne would cause you to want to get in the mood? This song hits the sexy notes and clarifies what you want your motivation to be! “Go longer, you can last more rounds…go lover, make mama proud”.
2. Robin Thicke – Lost Without You – Ummmm its Robin Thicke. Enough said. “You wanna touch yourself when you see me”.
3. Destiny’s Child – Cater 2 U – Time for the woman to give something back. This epitomizes when a woman is TRULY in love with her man and just wants to make him deliriously happy in all ways. Ladies, suprise your man and cater to him with this song! “Set back and let me pour all my love letters”.
4. India Arie– Chocoate High – Okay, we ALL might not be that beautiful, deep chocolate color or you might not be making love to that beautiful, deep choclate color BUT this songs evokes such passion, its a MUST. India captures perfectly the feeling of being abslolutely intoxicated with a person…get your chocolate fix today, people. “A black coffee, with sugar no cream, in the morning your my super double-chocolate coffee dream”.
5. Otis Reding – That’s How Strong My Love Is – It would be a cardinal sin if some old school tune was not added to this list and even graver of a sin if Otis was not present. Soulful, deep, and passionate exemplifies Otis’s music. If you are experiencing true love and want to express it through age-old love making, this song is a must. “Wrap you in my colors, keep you warm”.
1. Ludacris – Money Maker – Who says a love-making song has to be slow…and not a little on the dirty, stripper-esque side? This will make the woman want to get in a few of shakes of her money maker while doing the deed…and what man wouldn’t want that??? “You’re a helluva distraction when you shake your behind. Your body language is the only discussion.”
2. R. Kelly – Pregnant – Okay, okay, yes he peed on a teenager. We were appalled. But that doesn’t dethrone him from the King of Getting Busy songs!!! “She’s more than a mistress, about to handle my business, and put that girl in my kitchen”. What woman doesn’t want to hear that??
3. Ludacris – Sex Therapy – Once again, enough said. EVERYONE needs therapy at least once in their life.
Gina – Salem, Oregon
1. Jon B – Don’t Know About Us -It’s sexy and the sound of his voice makes you wanna get it!
2. Usher – Nice and Slow – Who hasn’t gotten down to that song.
3. Bobby V –I Wanna Rock With You -It has a good stroking beat.
4. Tool– Prison Sex – It’s got a hard beat that you can get agressive to.
5. Young Steff – Slow Jookin – The beat is slow and intimate, Makes a girl wanna take it off for her man.
Hilary – The UK
1. The Beach Boys – God Only Knows – Because actually, it’s all in the hands of God, fate, or whatever you believe in.
2. Marvin Gaye – Sexual Healing – Obvious, I know, but Marvin Gaye has a beautiful voice and this really sums up the nature of human contact, whether it’s sexual or platonic.
3. Extreme – More Than Words – Although I’m a writer, sometimes words are just not enough to express those feelings.
4. Roberta Flack – Killing Me Softly – Songs have always had that effect on me – singers seeming to tell my own story.
5. The Commodores – Three Times a Lady – to which I danced with my first love. I’m going to his second wedding later this year! Not as the bride …
Ale – Queens, NY
1. 112 – Peaches and Cream – Idk it has a sexy rhythm I guess.
2. 112 – Hot and Wet – I guess the title explains it.
3. 112 – Anywhere – It’s a grown and sexy type of song.
4. Twista – Wetter – That’s just way too nasty to explain. Lol.
5. Trey Songz – Wonder Woman – It’s just sexy!