Lorelai Gilmore is probably one of the best TV moms ever. Okay, that may just be me, but seriously, how can you not love Lorelai Gilmore? And if you haven’t seen Gilmore Girls, climb out from under that rock of yours and get your hands on the series because it is fantastic.
Lorelai isn’t a typical mom—she had her daughter at 16 and raised her on her own without any help from her rich parents. She’s a stubborn, hardworking, very witty woman. Here are some things that you can learn from Lorelai Gilmore:
1. Baths are the answer to everything.
2. Your kid hates someone? So do you. SOLIDARITY, SISTER.
3. Always give your children motivation.
4. Never fight…just…bond.
5. Tell your kid like it is. Embarrassing them is top priority. (Especially when it comes to dating.)
6. Let your haters be your motivators.
7. Keep your priorities straight.
8. Always have a sense of humor.
9. You’ll still mess up, even as an adult.
10. Sometimes all a girl needs is some cake to make things better.
11. Coffee is a necessity.
12. Sleeping in is vital.
13. Love makes you dumb. Teach your kids that. (But that it’s all worth it!)
14. Know when you can’t do it all.
15. And finally, be the best mom you can be so that one day, your child will also tell you that you have given them everything they need.