Kevin Hart is a triple-threat: an actor, comedian and rapper. With his newest mock-reality tv series The Real Husbands of Hollywood airing on BET this week, Kevin Hart is back in the spotlight. But what do you really know about Kevin Hart?
1. His stand-up career was initially a flop.
His first few comedic gigs left him in a slump when he was frequently booed from the stage. It was apparently so bad, that one man threw a piece of chicken at him while he was on stage.
2. His first big break was given to him by Judd Apatow.
His first on-screen gig was in Apatow’s series Undeclared. Judd Apatow later went on to recommend Hart to host the 2012 VMAs.
3. He has a fear of dolphins.
4. He is incredibly short.
Coming in at only 5’4″, he’s one of the shortest comedians.
5. He worked as a shoe salesman before a career in comedy.
Even though he got off to a rocky start, he’s poised to become the next comedic star. Quitting the shoe industry was probably a wise choice for him.
6. He wrote and starred in his own sitcom.
The sitcom The Big House aired on ABC in 2004, but was canceled after 6 episodes.
7. He is one of the most successful comedians of his time.
Last year’s tour was the most successful comedy tour on ticketmaster. Two shows in Los Angeles raked in $1.5 million in sales. His special Laugh at my Pain is also the seventh most successful stand-up film of all time.
8. While he may not have the height to play basketball, he does have the skill.
He was elected as MVP at the NBA Celebrity All-Star game despite the fact that he didn’t even make it to the last quarter. He was ejected from the game for cursing a ref and throwing his shoes across the court. In spite of his tantrum, he managed leave with 8 points and 6 assists crowning him MVP.
9. He has a game available through iTunes.
It’s called Little Jumpman and is available for download on the iPod and iPad. The game is a simple platform jumping game where the objective is to jump higher and higher.
10. Kevin Hart cites Bill Cosby, Chris Rock, Dave Chappelle, and Eddie Murphy as his influences.
He says he wants to combine the best qualities of these men into his own act to form his own unique style.