With Ciara‘s return to the music scene with her self-entitled album, here are 10 things that you may not know about the award winning R&B artist.
1. Ciara was an army brat.
Her father was a member of the United States Army and grew up in areas like Germany, New York, California, Arizona, and Nevada before settling down in Atlanta in their teens.
2. Throughout high school, she was a cheerleader.
3. Her first dream in life was to be a model.
After watching Destiny’s Child perform on television, she knew that was what she wanted to do for the rest of her life.
4. Her middle name, believe it or not, is Princess.
Her first name was also taken from a perfume and her middle name may have inspired her fascination with royalty.
5. She wants to one day have a big family.
She states that one of her biggest fears is not having kids, a family, and love. She even one day hopes to have twins.
6. Ciara hates being labelled with the term “Crunk-N-B”.
She adamantly states that her genre is pop/R&B.
7. When she was a teenager, she formed a girl group with a few of her friends.
The group was called Hearsay and they recorded a few demos before differences in opinion led to their split.
8. Despite her early success, Jive Records dropped her after her fourth album.
Ciara stated that there was both a lack of support and funding from the label and asked to be released.
9. She has an “N” tattooed on her ring finger in honor of her relationship with Future.
10. She’s quite the philanthropist.
In 2008, her song “Just Stand Up” was featured during the Stand Up to Cancer television special that raised over $100 million for cancer research. In 2009, she supported the Do Something Campaign and supports the gay rights movement.Google+