No Lie, 2 Chainz is without a doubt the hottest rapper in the game this summer. With over ten plus years in, he definitely deserves the limelight that his consistent hard work and dedication has brought him.
Irregardless of his cartoon like persona and simplistic street rhymes, you can’t deny the man is on top of his game and he knows how to consistently deliver club anthems. Here are ten interesting facts about 2 Chainz that I wanted to share with you.
1. Born Tauheed Epps, 2 Chainz is a native of College Park, GA where he began rapping under the moniker Tity Boy as 1/2 of the rap duo Playa Circle.
2. Standing at 6’5, 2 Chainz was a standout basketball player and attended college at the University of Alabama State on an athletic scholarship.
3. 2 Chainz and Playaz Circle’s breakout hit was a 2007 single feat Lil Wayne called Duffle Bag Boy.
4. 2 Chainz is currently providing A & R services for his mentor Ludacris’ new album titled Ludaversal.
5. 2 Chainz affiliation with Young Money/Cashmoney began with a chance meeting with record label executive Bryan “Baby Williams at Patchwerk Studios in Atlanta, GA.
7. In May of this year, there were rumors that 2 Chainz had recently signed to his G.O.O.D. Music record label and as he was featured on the posse cut “Mercy.”
9. 2 Chainz debut album ‘Based on a T.R.U. Story,’ is set for an August 14, 2012 release date.
10. Born in 1976, 2 Chainz didn’t get his big break in the music industry until he reached his mid 30′s – which proves age ain’t nothing but a number….