I am back at it again and this week I have something really special for the ladies this week. This one easy DIY project of the week will make your life so much easier and you might end up wondering how you ever did without it. It is, in a word, genius. I am going to tell you how to make a magnetic makeup board that will help keep all your makeup organized, accessible, and visually efficient. So let’s get started.
What you’ll need:
- Some sort of cheap frame (could be from a picture frame without the glass or whatever)
- Spray Paint in a color fo your choice
- Thin metal sheet that will fit in the frame
- Spray glue
- Magnets (enough for all your makeup and a cup or two to hold applicators)
- Hot glue gun
1. Spray paint the frame whatever color you chose and let dry COMPLETELY. Apply a second coat if needed but if you get a good paint like Krylon color master spray paint, you should only need one coat.
2. Cut a piece of fabric that is the same size as the sheet metal you are putting in the frame.
3. Spray the metal with the spray glue and CAREFULLY lay the fabric on the metal sheet, making sure to line it up and smooth it out.
4. Put the metal into the frame. If it is a picture frame, you can easily put the backing back on the frame to secure the metal. If you are using an old frame that you are upcycling, you could use the hot glue to secure the metal in place.
5. Last but not least, hot glue magnets to the back of all your makeup and a cup or two to hold applicators anything like eyeliners and lip gloss.
Viola! You have your very own pretty, organized magnetic makeup board that not only makes your life easier, but looks great in your bathroom or bedroom! Happy crafting.