By now you’ve figured out that these DIY projects are all about saving money by making amazing things you would otherwise have to spend a lot of money on; life hacks if you will. Well of course this article is no different. Which brings me to our DIY project of the week, Liquor bottle glasses. Do you like novelty glasses but don’t have the cash to fork out on them? Maybe you just want to try something really cool. You’ve come to the right place.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Glass liquor/beer bottles of your choice (ones that have the label painted on and are pretty thick)
1. Take a piece of your string and tie it around the bottle tightly just above the label.
2. Pour a small amount of lighter fluid in your bowl. (WARNING: be sure not to spill because we don’t want any accidents!)
3. Slide the string off of your bottle and soak in the lighter fluid. Make sure it is completely saturated.
4. Carefully slide the string loop back onto the bottle where it was originally tied.
5. Hold the bottle horizontally by the BOTTOM and light the string from underneath, turning slowly to make sure all the string lights.
6. Once you hear a CRACK, run the bottle immediately under cold water where the string is tied. The top of the bottle will fall off.
7. Use sandpaper to sand down the edges of the bottle until they are smooth.
VIOLA! You have you’re very own novelty glasses made out of liquor or beer bottles!Google+