This week for our DIY project, we are going to get a little more in-depth, but it will be worth it when it’s done. We are going to make a flower pot bird bath by stacking flower pots one on top of another and then placing the bird bath at the top. This is the perfect decoration for spring and summer to liven up your yard. But let’s start with our materials.
What You’ll Need:
- One 8″ flower pot
- Five 6″ flower pots
- Outdoor spray paint
- 62″ of rebar
- Drill and bit that can drill through the bottom of the pot without cracking or breaking it.
- potting soil
- wide mouth, shallow bowl
1. The first thing you need to do is to drill a hole in the center of the bottom of each pot. Be careful not to crack or break the pot. Go slowly.
2. Then paint each pot with your desired color. The color will last longer if you primer them first.
3. Hammer about 2 feet of the rebar into the ground so that it is secure.
4. Carefully slide the 8″ pot onto the rebar through the hole and sit it level on the ground.
5. Fill the 8″ pot with potting soil
6. Slide the first 6″ pot down the rebar and let it tilt to the right so that one side is resting completely on the rebar. Fill with potting soil.
7. Repeat step 6 for the remaining pots, tilting each one in the opposite direction of the last.
8. If you get the last pot on and the rebar is still sticking out more than half of the pot, hammer it down GENTLY so that it is about halfway down in the pot.
9.For the top pot, try to make it level because this is the pot that your bird bath will be sitting on.
10. Place the bowl on top of the stack, making sure to make it as level as possible.
11. Plant flowers in each pot and fill bath with water and Viola! A beautiful flowery bird bath!