This is a ridiculously easy craft that will come in perfectly handy for this summer. Today I’m going to take you through how to make a bandana quilt. This can be used as a picnic blanket, and light throw to snuggle up in with you significant other at the drive-in, or pretty much anything you can think to use it for. So here’s what you’ll need:
- 12 bandanas in desired colors (or more if you want it larger than pictured)
- A sewing machine and thread
For this example, we are going to be making a bandana quilt with 3 rows of 4. You can alternate colors as pictured or you can do solids or whatever concoction you can come up with.
1. Take your first two bandanas and place them with the right sides facing in on each other, lining the edges up as neatly as possible.
2. Sew one side of the bandanas together.
3. Decide if you are making a row or a column first. For the purposes of the directions, we’ll make a column (vertical) first. Choose another bandana and again place the right side on top of the right side of one of the bandanas you just sewed together, lining it up.
4. Sew the second set of bandanas together on the side opposite the side that is sewn to the first bandana. Now you should have a column of three
5. Repeat steps 1 through 4 to make another 3 columns.
6. Now take two columns and lay them on top of each other with the right sides facing in.
7. Sew together one side of the columns together
8. Choose another column and place it on top of one of the columns you just sewed together, right sides facing in.
9. Sew together the opposite side of the one you just sewed together.
10. Repeat this step two more times until you have completed you quilt!
This is such an easy craft and a cheap one to make. You can get bandanas at Walmart for around 98 cents a piece. They make great gifts too. Experiment with your and find new ways to use your bandana quilt every day this summer.Google+