If you’re like me and hate the cold (and for those of you who live in a climate that doesn’t get below 60 degrees, you are disliked), then you are probably looking for activities to do with your child inside. Arts and crafts is always a hit with kids, so why not dust off your old crafting supplies (or go to the store and buy some) and make something awesome with your kids? Here are a few ideas to get you started:
1. Christmas Tree: Paint hands or trace hands and decorate!
2. Wreath: You can either paint your kid’s hands or paint a paper plate (with the inside circle cut out) and decorate!
3. Jesus in a Manger: Paint your child’s hand brown and glue a baby and straw to make Jesus sleeping in his manger. There is also a poem that can go along with this craft: “I used my hand to make a manger, a place for Jesus to lay. I’ll use my heart so full of love, as a place for Jesus to stay.”
Or you could do this footprint version:
4. Holly…Or as I like to call them, “Mistletoes.”
You can do this with clay or paint your child’s feet as well!
5. Santa: This triangle Santa will also help your child learn their shapes!
6. Salt Dough Ornament: You can make any kind of ornament with this salt dough recipe.
7. Reindeer: One of the cutest crafts to do with your kids and cherish for years. Just paint one of their feet and paint their hands as the reindeer’s antlers. Make sure to date it so you can see how they’ve grown.
8. Snowman: There are several ways to make a snowman, but giving your child all the separate pieces to “build” a snowman will be loads of fun.
9. Snowflakes: Coffee filter snowflakes are a perfect craft for the kids! You can either have them paint the coffee filter with watercolors or have them color them with markers and spray the coffee filter with water. This has the same effect as watercolors. Then either you or your child (depending on their age) cut the coffee filter and create the snowflake!
10. Angel: This handprint and footprint angel is a fun and messy craft that the kids will enjoy.
Or if your kids are super hip and love the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, this ornament is perfect. The world just needs to know about this ornament idea!