Name: Kelland, aka "Kelland"
Web Site: http://www.sosoactive.com
Bio: CEO, Writer, Rapper, Internet Marketer, Innovator and author of The Social Music Revolution Revealed.
Posts by Kelland:
- - People talked about the selected 5 TV shows more on Tumblr than on any other social network: 7.3 million posts (including reblogs) in the period studied, compared with 3.1 million posts (and retweets) on Twitter
- - Twitter leads discussion in the hour that the shows air (621k posts vs. Tumblr’s 91k posts)…
- - …but as soon as the shows finish, Twitter activity falls sharply, whereas conversation on Tumblr actually grows (1 hour after airtime: 31% more activity than when the show is live)
- - Fans move the conversation on to Tumblr to discuss the episode just seen, recapping their favourite scenes, dissecting details, and speculating on what’s to come. From 2 hours after the show airs, Tumblr is the lead channel (96k posts per hour vs. Twitter’s 75k)…
- - 24 hours after the shows air, Tumblr is two and a half times as active (40k posts per hour, vs. 16k on Twitter), a ratio that sustains for the whole period between episodes
- - Social TV behavior isn’t just about check-ins and real-time opinions. On Tumblr, we see deeper interaction with TV show narratives, characters and events
- - - 71% of Tumblr TV interactions are driven by behaviours related to storytelling, content remixing, creativity and fan community.
- - Tumblr activity is highly visual: 72% of posts about the TV shows are driven by visual content.
- - In particular, animated GIFs create highly shareable TV content. 41% of discussion about TV shows is made up of animated GIFs, but they make 62% of the most-shared posts.
- - 94% of Tumblr posts about TV shows are reblogs, driving huge distribution across the Tumblr network. Top social TV posts can go viral within the Tumblr platform, achieving a velocity of up to 16,000 reblogs per hour
- - Tumblr reblogs allow fans to add their comments to a piece of content, and a social TV conversation can develop
- - Consequently top pieces of content live for much longer on Tumblr. While the top TV tweets reach 50% of their total activity in just 1.8 hours, Tumblr content is shared for 30 hours before it reaches the same 50% point.
- - More Tumblr content is shared on Twitter than from any other platform (48k Tumblr shares during the period tracked, compared to 40k YouTube shares, 20k Instagram and 19k Facebook)
T-Pain is back with a summer anthem!
The young track killer AKA Mac Miller has released his first project of 2014 called “Faces.” Download it here.
Now they wanna hear a county ni$$A rap!
Can you hear that sound?
Vote for the beautiful and talented Alexis Cole as Ebony Magazines HBCU Queen via Ebony.com. She is a student at my alma mater the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff. Alexis Cole is a Business/Marketing major, who hopes to apply her hands in the field of marketing with her creativity and interpersonal skills. The Arkansas Pine-Bluff Queen plans to attain global success, she will also continue to serve as a motivational speaker to inspire young people to become stakeholders in their futures.
Please vote: http://www.ebony.com/campusqueens/133#ixzz2z4HHRWCi.
Read more at EBONY http://www.ebony.com/campusqueens/133#ixzz2z4HHRWCi
Happy Hour Music.
Our very own La’Wrenne has released two singles off her “In your World” EP, which will be released on March 31st. Check out my fav ‘Chemistry.”