Name: Kelland, aka "Kelland"
Web Site: http://www.sosoactive.com
Bio: CEO, Writer, Rapper, Internet Marketer, Innovator and author of The Social Music Revolution Revealed.
Posts by Kelland:
- - People talked about the selected 5 TV shows more on Tumblr than on any other social network: 7.3 million posts (including reblogs) in the period studied, compared with 3.1 million posts (and retweets) on Twitter
- - Twitter leads discussion in the hour that the shows air (621k posts vs. Tumblr’s 91k posts)…
- - …but as soon as the shows finish, Twitter activity falls sharply, whereas conversation on Tumblr actually grows (1 hour after airtime: 31% more activity than when the show is live)
- - Fans move the conversation on to Tumblr to discuss the episode just seen, recapping their favourite scenes, dissecting details, and speculating on what’s to come. From 2 hours after the show airs, Tumblr is the lead channel (96k posts per hour vs. Twitter’s 75k)…
- - 24 hours after the shows air, Tumblr is two and a half times as active (40k posts per hour, vs. 16k on Twitter), a ratio that sustains for the whole period between episodes
- - Social TV behavior isn’t just about check-ins and real-time opinions. On Tumblr, we see deeper interaction with TV show narratives, characters and events
- - - 71% of Tumblr TV interactions are driven by behaviours related to storytelling, content remixing, creativity and fan community.
- - Tumblr activity is highly visual: 72% of posts about the TV shows are driven by visual content.
- - In particular, animated GIFs create highly shareable TV content. 41% of discussion about TV shows is made up of animated GIFs, but they make 62% of the most-shared posts.
- - 94% of Tumblr posts about TV shows are reblogs, driving huge distribution across the Tumblr network. Top social TV posts can go viral within the Tumblr platform, achieving a velocity of up to 16,000 reblogs per hour
- - Tumblr reblogs allow fans to add their comments to a piece of content, and a social TV conversation can develop
- - Consequently top pieces of content live for much longer on Tumblr. While the top TV tweets reach 50% of their total activity in just 1.8 hours, Tumblr content is shared for 30 hours before it reaches the same 50% point.
- - More Tumblr content is shared on Twitter than from any other platform (48k Tumblr shares during the period tracked, compared to 40k YouTube shares, 20k Instagram and 19k Facebook)
Brooklyn rapper V. Nova presents the music video for the intro to his upcoming mixtape Hidden in Plain Sight Volume 3: The New Commission” (HIPS3). Produced by the Crack Factory and directed by V. and Wit, “Intro” comes hot on the heels of the release of “Abstract Art”, V.’s single featuring Smif-N-Wessun (listen). One other HIPS3 single has also been released – “You Died” featuring Uncle Murda (listen). Part of rap duo BOE & Villa, Nova has worked with Erick Sermon (click to listen to “Vangundy”), MIDI Mafia, Denaun Porter of D-12, Wyclef Jean, Needlz, Mario Winans, Monifa, Rakim, Akinyele, Canibus (click to listen to “Seriously”), Fabolous, EPMD, Papoose, Funkmaster Flex, DJ Enuff and DJ Self. Nova’s upcoming mixtape is the third volume of his HIPS series (listen to Volume 1 and Volume 2). “I want people to get from this video that V. Nova is nothing to fuck with,” says V. “The red, white & blue symbolism in the video coincides with the speaker in the beginning: a world government who is elected by no one is the trilateral commission. While I’m not a mainstream artist, I come from a place where we dictate trends, so I have an underground impact in that regard. So in a way, the streets are this New Commission, which is where I come from.”HIPS3 drops September.
Here is Atlanta rappers #ILOVEMAKONNEN video for the smash single “Going Up On A Tuesday.” The video was released a month ago before the California native hooked up with Drake for the remix.
As we mourn the death of famed comedian Robin Williams, here are ten interesting facts about his eldest child Zelda.
T-Pain is back with a summer anthem!
The young track killer AKA Mac Miller has released his first project of 2014 called “Faces.” Download it here.
Now they wanna hear a county ni$$A rap!
Can you hear that sound?
Vote for the beautiful and talented Alexis Cole as Ebony Magazines HBCU Queen via Ebony.com. She is a student at my alma mater the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff. Alexis Cole is a Business/Marketing major, who hopes to apply her hands in the field of marketing with her creativity and interpersonal skills. The Arkansas Pine-Bluff Queen plans to attain global success, she will also continue to serve as a motivational speaker to inspire young people to become stakeholders in their futures.
Please vote: http://www.ebony.com/campusqueens/133#ixzz2z4HHRWCi.
Read more at EBONY http://www.ebony.com/campusqueens/133#ixzz2z4HHRWCi