Lauryn Hill is one of the most successful R&B/Hip-Hop performers of all time. Before her solo career, she was a part of Hip-Hop group The Fugees, popular in the mid-1990s. The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill, released August 1998, has been a renowned classic since its debut. Hill has become an inspiration to the music world through various hit singles such as “Doo Wop (That Thing),” and “Ex-Factor.”
Check out these inspiring quotes from Lauryn Hill. Let us know how you have applied them to your life.
1. “We can’t plan life. All we can do is be available for it.
2. “You don’t know how much artists go through to make it look so easy. It’s all in the practice.”
3. “What was freely given to me, I freely give.”
4. “Nobody’s going to force me to do something against my will. What do I owe anybody that I should submit my will to them?”
5. “I need to be surrounded by people as passionate and as dedicated as I am.”
6. “I tried to manipulate and control people, and I harbored resentment. I wanted to be forgiven, but I wouldn’t forgive others.”
7. “The less I have, the freer I am to do whatever I want to do.”
8. “We don’t want people to have expectations of us, but then we have expectations of everybody else.”
9. We call ourselves creators and we just copy.
10. “See fantasy is what people want, but reality is what they need. And I just retired from the fantasy part.”
11. “Now don’t you understand man universal law/What you throw out comes back to you, star/Never underestimate those who you scar/Cause karma, karma, karma comes back to you hard”
12. “Let me be patient, let me be kind, make me unselfish, without being blind, though I may suffer, I’ll envy it not and endure what comes cause he is all that I got.”
13. “I can give away everything I posses, but am without love, and I have no happiness.”
14. “Be honest, brutally honest. That is what’s going to maintain relationships.”
15. “To those supporters who were told that I abandoned them, that is untrue. I abandoned greed, corruption, and compromise, never you, and never the artistic gifts and abilities that sustained me.” Google+