One Direction’s Niall Horan took to Tumblr a day or so ago to state that he wishes the group had more male fans. Even though One Direction loves seeing their female fans go bananas at every concert, the boys stated it would be great to see more guys in the crowds at their shows.
Though I am not teenager anymore, I feel I am an expert on this subject because I survived the biggest boy band era to ever hit the United States during the late ninetees. How many of you remember NSync, Backstreet Boys, 98 Degrees, and O-Town? That’s a forgone era, and the only remnants that remain are Justin Timberlake, Carson Daly and Eminem. With that being said here are the Top 5 Reasons Teenage Boys Don’t Like Boy Bands.
1. They are jealous because every teenage girl wants to date or marry one of the band members.
2. Seriously, it has never been cool to listen to boy bands around another guy. How do you explain to your friends that “What Make You Beautiful” is your favorite song.
3. Boy Band’s don’t have any tattoos. Clean cut and mild mannered may work well with the prom queen and her parents, but teenage boys look up to Rock Stars not the “boys next door.”
4. Most teenage boys think that boy bands are lame and lack the talent of seasoned veterans who have made it through puberty.
5. 90% to 100% of all songs written for boy bands are female focused. If you want to attracts more male fans, you have to write about more stuff that teenage boys like than just girls.Google+