There’s always a story behind many successes in the music business, and there is even more of a story behind a celebrated celebrity romance. We all know Tameka “Tiny” Harris, from her glory day with the female R&B group Xscape and her recent reality T.V role with husband T.I. in T.I. and Tiny: The Family Hustle on VH1. What would the “King of the South” be without his Queen? Here are 10 Must Know facts about the urban music songstress, I wanted to share with you.
1. Tiny was born Tomeka Cottle in College Park, Georgia on July 14, 1975.
2. In 1992 Cottle joined the R&B quartet Xscape while attending Tri-Cities Performing Arts High School.
3. As a member of Xscape, she received two Soul Train Music awards or Best New R&B Artist and best R&B album.
4. In 1999, Cottle and former Xscape band member Kandi Burruss were honored with a Grammy Award for Best R&B song for penning the TLC single, “No Scrubs.”
5. Cottle has one daughter, Zonnique Jailee Pullins “Star” from her relationship with Zonnie Zebo Pullins.
6. In 2009, Tiny created the female teen group OMG GIRLZ with Keisha Miles. The group features Cottle’s daughter Zonnique (Star).
7. Recently Harris revealed news of a Late Night talk show on VH1 entitled Tiny Tonight.
8. Tiny has 3 children of her own, two sons with T.I. as well as her daughter, “Star.”
9. Harris own her own nail salon, called Tiny’s Nail Bar in Stock Bridge Georgia, and has recently announced plans for expansion.
10. As a member of Xscape, Tiny sang lead vocals for 5 of their hit singles, including: “Understanding”, “Do You Want To?”, “All I Need”, “Love’s A Funny Thing”, and “Am I Dreaming?”Google+