Grammy nominee and multi-platinum artist, Keyshia Cole released her fifth studio album this past November. Here are 10 interesting facts you may not know about the talented singer-songwriter.
1. She was adopted. She never knew her father and was raised by her mother until she was two-years-old. By then, her mother’s drug addiction forced her to give Keyshia up for adoption and Keyshia Cole went to live with family friends.
2. She formed a close friendship with Tupac Shakur. He reportedly promised the young artist that he would help her start her singing career and even asked her to write a hook for an upcoming project on the night that he died. She honored her late friend in the video for her song “Playa Cardz Right“.
6. She and her husband taped a reality show based on their life together. Keyshia and Daniel: Family First followed Keyshia and her husband, Daniel Gibson. The first episode aired with 2.9 million viewers. The show followed the making of Keyshia’s new album and the couple even re-wed during the taping.
7. She was involved in the recent Beyonce “Bow Down” debacle.
Beyonce’s latest song already caused a stir with conservatives like Rush Limbaugh, but even Keyshia Cole took to the twittersphere with her opinions. Some of her tweets read, “Can’t stand when people all self righteous when it’s convenient it makes them look good. Lmao! But can still talk s**t when convenient 2 FOH” and “First “Women need to Stick together” now b*****s better Bow. Smh. But it’s all G! Chicks stay shooting the s**t”
8. She will be touring starting this March.
The tour is based off her November album and will hit 18 cities. It begins in Westbury, NY on March 28 and will end in her hometown of Oakland, CA on April 21. Chrisette Michele will also be joining her on the tour.
9. She appeared on a track in Barbershop 2.
The song was called “Never” and also featured Eve.
10. She was signed after Ron Fair listened to an unfinished version of her song “Love”.Google+